Cold Calling Techniques & Tips that work.
Picking up the phone and dialing for dollars!
Although now a much maligned method of selling, is still one of the fastest, easiest and most cost effective ways of opening the door for conversations with people we would like to eventually become our happy clients.
Odile defines cold calling as : Initiating Customer Conversations with someone you don’t know but would like to know for the sole purpose of doing business.
Cold calling techniques
We at Sales Drive know that creating new prospective sales takes a range of sales and marketing options. Some more effective than others and we have way too many private clients making their fortunes by cold call telemarketing so we would never write cold calling off as a very viable sales option….
Any top Sales Director would recognize the folly of ignoring telemarketing altogether, a person who has never been in sales before might believe that you can eliminate the cold call from the sales and marketing mix but compared to cold calling the internet is still a bit of the old wild west when it comes to guaranteed solutions. No doubt one day it will happen.
Odile Faludi has turned teaching cold calling techniques into a fine art.
She has adopted the methods of other experts and especially thanks Chip and Dan Heath for introducing her to this time proven success formula. Making Your Presentation Stick Chip & Dan Heath.
Variations of which have been passed down from telemarketer to telemarketing trainer over the last 30 to 40 years.
For another view on whether a cold call works here is an interesting post by Barbara Giamanco:
In this day and age, many unsolicited sales calls go unanswered. Modern sales and marketing professionals are up against savvy buyers who have easy access to detailed product information on the Web and through Social……
Odile’s Tips for Successful Cold Calling include:
Facing rejection – remedying the Yuck Factor
- Don’t accept defeat so easily; conquer cold calling reluctance by implementing smart Sales Techniques That Work.
- Rejections can be demoralizing. A stream of rejections might lead to catastrophic anxiety like, “I can’t do this – I’ll lose my job. I’ll never be able to make a living.” The good news is that rejection is to be expected. Keep a sense of humour and always maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Don’t let rejection prevent you from moving up; don’t let it get in the way of making decisions. Move to the next opportunity otherwise it will cost the business money. Don’t let your emotions control you. Stay focused. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and discover your true potential!
- Successful people have often experienced rejection. Being told, “No” many times but this has only heightened their resolve to get a “Yes” for a business development meeting. You can spend millions on R & D but if you cannot get sales it is a big waste of time and money. Success and failure go hand in hand.
- When criticism comes during a sales call – first listen to it then put it in perspective. What is “factual criticism” and what “stories” do we tell ourselves. Taking in the criticism is a bitter pill for the ego, but a necessary medicine. There may be some truth that you need to acknowledge. Get beyond your ego and hear what is actually contained in the criticism.
- Remember, sometimes it is nothing personal. This person does not know you… they may be having a bad day too. Being fully prepared prior to telephoning prospects will lessen the number of rejections and also help with anxiety.
Despite the proliferation of the so-called self promoting internet gurus who often claim the much more fanciful alternatives of lead generation claiming you are crazy if you are cold calling.
The only problem is you have buy there books to find out how. Then you have to spend years gathering all the new digital skills and hoping they work!
Picking up the telephone is a much easy alternative.
To listen to the full radio interview that UK based Sales Drives Senior Partner Ivor Kellock has conducted with Odile please click here http://bit.ly/YBKBDk.
For further information about telemarketing and cold calling please feel free to contact Odile directly: Odile.Faludi@ensemblepartners.com.au
“By failing to prepare,you are preparing to fail.” - Benjamin Franklin
Telephone: 0425 250 677
Please visit Odile’s LinkedIn page
Cold calling techniques and tips for cold calling by Odile Faludi
Title: Cold Calling Techniques: Success Formula.
Reviewed by Maya Saric on Feb 21
Summary: Cold Calling Tips to start a new client relationship.
Description: Odile has a fabulous knack for connecting with people combined with a natural interest in helping others achieve their goals which makes her a great conduit for starting new business relationships that flourish to real win-win outcomes. A real talent for creating new business!
Date and Time: 06/05/2013 09:30
Street: Level 15, 101 Grafton Street, Westfield Tower 2
Locality: Bondi Junction, Sydney
Region: NSW, Australia